Legal Policies & Disclaimer: Updated 1st May 2018.
The management reserve the right to refuse accommodation to anyone without providing a reason.
Bookings and cancellation: By making a booking you are entering into a legal contract. However we appreciate that circumstances may arise causing cancellation or curtailment of a booking. If you wish to cancel or change your booking, you must do so by telephoning the hotel no less than 48 hours before your stay is due to commence (excluding Pride, Christmas, New Year and major conference events see below). Whilst we make every effort to re-let accommodation, we reserve the right to charge 100% of our full tariff on every room booked. All ‘Advanced Purchase’ and ‘Pay and Save’ bookings are non-refundable. For bookings made within 48 hours of arrival it follows that the full amount will be due. All reservations are non-transferable and we reserve the right to cancel or modify reservations where it appears a customer is engaged in fraudulent or inappropriate activity or under any other circumstances where it appears that the reservation contains or resulted from a mistake or error by the hotel.
On arrival at the hotel, we would ask that you show your confirmation email and the payment card used to pay for the booking. Proof of identity may also be requested. We also reserve the right to pre-authorise your payment card for a minimum of £50 or seek a cash security deposit.
Children/Extra Beds/Cots: Cots/extra beds can be provided upon request. Fee applies. Requests must be made at time of booking. WE ACCEPT ALL MAJOR DEBIT & CREDIT CARDS except Amex & Diners.
Package Cancellation Policy: Pride, Christmas, New Year and major conference events are considered packages and therefore must be cancelled no less than 14 days before your stay is due to commence otherwise we reserve the right to charge 100% of our full tariff on every room booked. For your protection we recommend taking out insurance cover.
Damages & Disturbances: All damage and nuisance to other guests, as assessed by the hotel’s management, may result in additional charges. The hotel is non smoking/vaping throughout and guests will be assessed a minimum £100 cleaning fee if they smoke/vape while within the premises.
Rates: Rates are variable and the rates shown on our website are a guide. Rates cannot be confirmed until a deposit is received. The best rates are generally available via our own website; however from time to time special offers may be available through other promotions (see below). Any special offers or discounted rates are non-commissionable and are not available to travel agents, tour operators, conventions or groups.
Promotions: From time to time we offer promotional rates. These rates are usually during weekdays and are only available on certain rooms and at certain times, unless otherwise specified the discount is already factored into the price shown online.
Pets: No pets except guide dogs are allowed in the hotel.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website; you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect: We may collect the following information if you join our mailing list:
- name and gender
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather: We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email including special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
Security: We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information: We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless required by law.
Individual rights under The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): You have the right to…
- complain to supervisory authorities, such as the ICO in the UK;
- withdrawn your consent to the processing of your personal data
- to access your personal data and have it rectified or erased (‘the right to be forgotten’) by the business and also any third parties that may have accessed it
- to be informed of the existence of any automated personal data processing (including profiling)
- to object to certain types of processing, for example Direct Marketing and decisions based solely on automated processing
- to be told how long your personal data would be held for
- to be provided with details of any appointed DPO
Website Disclaimer: The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by The Shelleys Hotel and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, expressed or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. With the exception of room prices/availability which are updated live on site and entry prices.
Under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of The Shelleys Hotel. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, The Shelleys Hotel takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Copyright Notice: This website and its content is copyright of The Shelleys Hotel © The Shelleys 2018. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- You may copy the listing/what’s on content to listings websites or paper press to promote The Shelleys Hotel.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.